Chairman of the Board
On 20 Nov 2006 the practice officially dedicated the Mary Baiorunos Board Room.
Mother Mary (aka Chairman of the Board) was honored for her many years of improving people's smiles. She followed her father's advice that everyone needs a career and in 1935 she graduated from Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene. After several years of working for a prominent Boston dentist she took time off for marriage and motherhood. When the boys were old enough, she returned to the profession of brightening smiles and making friends. Many of our current Maryland patients fondly remember Mom at the front desk and it seems like old times when she visits the office for her regular dental checkups and cleanings.
Her daily accounts of dental life obviously made a favorable impression as her two sons, Jack and Barry, became dentists. Her inspiration was enough to earn her the title Chairman of the Board. She clinched the moniker in the mid-80s when she loaned Jack the capital needed to start the Catonsville practice. Both the debt and Mom have been retired for years but her legacy has become a tradition and we are thrilled to name our conference room in her honor.